Friday, August 1, 2008

Safe or Sorry?

Buffalo Sabres defensemen Teppo Numminen is still a free agent but after listening to GM Darcy Regier & talking to my secret source the deal is imminent. Now I love Teppo a lot as a Sabres fan but I really don't think he should be playing any more. I mean he was close to retiring during the lock - out and then just went through heart sugery so why should he go through the risk of dying. I know that he's a real good player but it'll just take one hit to throw his heart off and I know I'd feel awful if he did die on the ice.

So how do you guys think about the whole thing. I mean he could go play and maybe go un - touched but he could also get nailed and could die which would be devastating. So Darcy as a GM is maybe jut trying to do good for the team and all but he needs to think about what could happen. I may just be over-reacting but it could happen and don't you want to be safe and not sorry?

Now I do have to admit, I'd love to see Teppo back but what would we offer him contract wise. I mean the term would have to be 1 yr but what really is he worth? I'd probably say something like 2.5 mil but what do ya'll think?

So please answer my questions in the comments if you can or just email me at sabres1982@hotmail.com! Thanks ya'll and see you later!

4 comments:

SensChirp said...

Any time a player steps on the ice there is a "chance". He would not be coming back if there was a serious risk. I think you are a litle off the mark with this one. Everything I have read says Teppo is 100% and ready to come back (did he not play the last game last season??)

sabres1982 said...

Well Numminen only played one game and yes that was the last one but he barely did anything! Like Teppo is a smart player but it just takes that one big smokin' hit to open up his heart problems again.

Espiecally in a division with Begin, Chara and many others, he could get crushed! Even if he is heathy he'll be rusty and will probably be slow. I mean at 40 years old I wouldn't be advising anybody to play in the NHL.

Even without his heart injuries, being 40 is also going to make him brittle so that won't help either.

But right now the Sabres are pretty much deciding between Numminen & Pratt and personally I want Pratt to win.

Anonymous said...

Are you a doctor? How do you know it would take 1 hit to throw his heart off?

I'm doubting that the organization would take him back if that were the case.

Richard-Steven Williams said...

I would have thought, as in all high level sports, that the Buffalo Sabres are equipped with some of the finest medical analysts and doctors on the planet. If they have deemed him fit to play, you bet he will be fit to play. You got to remember as a team owner you've got to look at it two ways, 1. you don't want to see a player die in front of your, or even your opponents fans, it's a big black mark on your franchise. 2. and more cynically, the team have a financial responsibility to the player and his insurance, if something were to happen to Teppo his family would want a heck of a lot back, rightfully, in return.
Then there is the personal aspect, if Teppo wants to continue playing and he has been cleared he has the choice, personally I don't think he will leave the Sabres and if they cannot table a good deal he will probably retire.


***ATTENTION*** CHANGE OF LOCATION

HOCKEYBUMS HAS CHANGED LOCATIONS OUR NEW SITE IS LINKED

http://hockey-bums.blogspot.com/

THIS IS NOT THE BIG SITE YOUVE BEEN WAITING FOR BUT IT IS CLEANER VERSION OF WHAT WE HAVE NOW HOPE YOU ENJOY!

SCOTTY

P.S. YOULL BE GLAD TO SEE THE BLOGGER WE HAVE BROUGHT BACK!!!

Custom Search