- TSN talked to JP Barry today about Mats Sundin's decision status at this point. Barry, Sundin's agent, told the Canadian station that Mats "isn't close" towards making a decision, and that his long wait towards a choice of either the NHL or retirement (which according to him, is very likely at this stage) is preventing this situation from getting to a Brett Favre type dramatic scene. Again, six teams are very much in the picture for Sundin's NHL services.
- As reported by Hockeybum's Ren D a couple of days back, the San Jose Sharks re-signed power forward Ryane Clowe to a one-year, $1.6 million deal today. The restricted free agent will be a vital part toward new coach (and former Red Wing assistant) Todd McLellan's game plan in the upcoming season.
- Speaking of Red Wings and their assistant coaches, the Cup Champs have found McLennan's replacement behind the bench, retrieving Brad McCrimmon to tackle those duties for the '08-'09 season. The 18-year playing veteran has been apart of the Atlanta, Calgary and New York Islanders staff in coaching related duites as well.
- Speaking of Western Conference teams and their assistant coache, Terry Murray found former Los Angeles King Mark Hardy to tag along as an assistant coach for the Kings. Jamie Kompon and Nelson Emerson both recieved promotions to also serve as assistants.
And on the rumor side:
- Milan Hejduk will serve out the remaining two years of his contract with the Colorado Avalanche, and then will call it quits from the NH, according to web reports. The report also states his injury and mobility problems that have and are limiting him to play at any full potential.
That's it for the night. Scotty is supposed to be back on Wednesday, and will be if nothing happens. I'll keep you guys posted.