Thursday, August 7, 2008

Hello?!?! Can anyone hear me?!?!

I apologize for the ambiguous title, but trust me, I sincerely believe there certainly is merit to Murray's supposed Gag order in the Sens front office... It is DEATHLY quiet.

However, I did manage to scrounge up a little morsel to pass on.

I was told that negotiations with Mezie's camp are NOT at a standstill as some are reporting; however we may have come to a fork in the road. I heard that Murray has tendered Mezaros a final offer consisting of approximately $2.45M for 1 yr. Last I heard, there was talk of Mezie's camp submitting a counter offer for another year or two, but I haven't heard anything since.

It seems that Mezaros has 3 options to choose from:

1) sit out and wait
2) accept the offer from the Russian Continental League (valued at approximately $3.5M)
3) suck it up and sign and show his worth to Murray and to Sens fans in general.

Now, while neither option 1 nor 2 seem appealing, the fact is I think Mezie will sign. I do not think he has ANY interest in playing in Russia, unless he is all about the money, for to do so could potentially hurt any progress he HOPES or WE hope he makes at the NHL level. However, the longer this continues, the more speculation continues to swell and the angst of all Sens fans can be felt across the league...

Stay tuned and should ANY info crop up, it will be posted forthwith.

No comments:


***ATTENTION*** CHANGE OF LOCATION

HOCKEYBUMS HAS CHANGED LOCATIONS OUR NEW SITE IS LINKED

http://hockey-bums.blogspot.com/

THIS IS NOT THE BIG SITE YOUVE BEEN WAITING FOR BUT IT IS CLEANER VERSION OF WHAT WE HAVE NOW HOPE YOU ENJOY!

SCOTTY

P.S. YOULL BE GLAD TO SEE THE BLOGGER WE HAVE BROUGHT BACK!!!

Custom Search