Monday, July 28, 2008

Hidden Talent

Hey Everyone I Found A Tampa Bay Lightning Fan With Some Hidden Talent Of Blogging Heres The Blog Hope You Enjoy He'd Love Comments So Put Some Up!

The Tampa Bay Lightning picked up many players through Free Agency and even though my opinion isn't always agreed with I'm going to list it anyway! So what do I think of our recently signed players? I think greatly of them but I do think some of them were just a little use-less. For example, the Adam Hall signing. Like I know Adam is young & fast but we already had a bunch of RW's racked up and if we wanted to be balanced we could've spared Hall for a LW or two. So yeah I like the amount of signings we made this year but I do feel like Feaster should have look at the players positions before buying into em'. So now I'm going to list the new players we acquired and the pro & con of each one.

Ryan Malone

Pro: We finally got a solid 2nd line RW | Well we've got Ryan locked up for so long, I worry he's going to get into a long slump and we'll be stuck.

Con: Well we've got Ryan locked up for so long, I'm worried some big thing will put him out of play and then we'll be stuck with him for a long 7 years.

Final: Good Signing

Radim Vrbata

Pro: Well Radim brings 8 seasons of experience with him and has quite the scoring touch which will always help a team in need like us!

Con: With him making 3 mil. per season just seems a little too much for a 56 pointer. Like I just don't know why we acted like we were in need of RW's as like I said before, we had a bunch even before we came into the season and we should have invested in LW's!

Final: O.K. Signing

Mark Recchi

Pro: Mark lit the lamp for a while in Atlanta, I mean being 40 and scoring 14 goals is fine by me and Recchi also brings that locker room presence to the Bolts a long with some fantastic hockey experience.

Con: He's 40!!! I mean I don't want to sound rude but he is pretty darn old and probably only has a season left so why did Jay even pay that million to get an old, rusty RW? Like I wouldn't be suprised if Feaster's moto is "You Can Never Have Enough RW's" as he just kept on signing him and it started to disgust me.

Final: Bad Signing

Gary Roberts

Pro: This guy is a huge presence in the locker room and my god, fans love him! He's full of charisma as well and can use his strength to give himself space to pass the puck. Can also block quite nicely. Also he's a LW, so at least we some-what improved our depth at that position!

Con: He's 46!!! I mean he's older than Rick but in my mind has a lot more value than him too with all his charisma, muscle & knowledge but he also brings a lot less speed and doesn't really bring any kind of scoring touch.

Final: O.K. Signing

Olaf Kolzig
Pro: The Bolts had a fine pair of goalies in my opinion but by adding Olaf we have a "consistent" goalie pair as Kari was hot & cold and we couldn't really count on him but Smitty can win many games in a row and with Kolzig, when he does good, he does real good and when he does bad, he does real bad so at least he keeps either a losing streak or a winning streak.

Con: Kolzig is getting a little injury prone at 38 and we will have to remember that he is just a backup as if we start him again and again he'll definitely get injured.

Final: Good Signing
-----------------------------
So yeah folks, hope you loved my blog and I'll be sure to post another soon!
Thanks,
Ayden

3 comments:

Habs_Marc said...

Good blog, but I can't agree with you on some points.

I don't see the Malone signing as a good one, the contract is too long and too expensive, seriously, I exepct him to be buy out in the future years.

At first, I thought the Vrbata signing was a very good one. But, I saw your roster and Radim won't get top 6 minutes, because like you said, you have too much RW. 3 million for this guys was honestly good IMO, but he won't perform if he doesn't have those top 6 minutes.

I don't see Recchi's signing as a bad one, sure it is not a good one...but it is decent. The guy is old but shown last year that he is still an okay hockey player, not as good as before though.

I don't like the Roberts signing, this guy is too slow, sure he got nice leadership abilities, but he won't bring anything significant on the ice IMO.

Cap'n' Clutch said...

I think Recchi was a questionable signing but the other ones are decent. I think the biggest issue for you guys is Defense. Losing Boyle on an already thin D is going to hurt and adding offense isn't going to improve that. Smith and Kolzig is a good tandem but they're no Brodeur or Luongo, which is what your team currently needs with the D corp you have.

Fred Poulin said...

Ryan Malone is a left winger BTW and Jay Feaster was a puppet the whole time, don't blame him for the signings. Blame Koules and Barrie.


***ATTENTION*** CHANGE OF LOCATION

HOCKEYBUMS HAS CHANGED LOCATIONS OUR NEW SITE IS LINKED

http://hockey-bums.blogspot.com/

THIS IS NOT THE BIG SITE YOUVE BEEN WAITING FOR BUT IT IS CLEANER VERSION OF WHAT WE HAVE NOW HOPE YOU ENJOY!

SCOTTY

P.S. YOULL BE GLAD TO SEE THE BLOGGER WE HAVE BROUGHT BACK!!!

Custom Search